Saturday, December 5, 2009

Golden Boy: Memories of a Hong Kong Childhood by Martin Booth

I had decided that whenever I am at a loss about what to write about, just write about a book that I have read. The books that I select are a little bit different from what other people might select. I know that other people are not going to rush out and try to find this book just because I recommend it, but they still might decide to select something a little bit out of the ordinary in the future.

I especially like historical fiction and biographies. I like to read biographies about writers, composers, and movie stars. The book I selected today, Memories or a Hong Kong Childhood, is autobiographical. The author's experiences in Hong Kong included eating boiled water beetles and one hundred year old eggs and learning Cantonese.

I will write more about this book later. Things happen. Thank you for following my blog. I am an avid book collector. I have a waiting list of books to read. Check out Daedalus Books at http://salebooks.com/ I buy a lot of books there at a reduced rate. They get a free advertisement. Of course, I like Amazon and Barnes and Noble too.

No comments:

Post a Comment