Monday, November 8, 2010

Letter to Likekinds

Dear Doug,

I just looked at your new video from my new channel. I enjoyed it of course. 100,000 views is really quite amazing for a slideshow video. Thank you for introducing me to this song, Trompet Bolero. I had been thinking about using Ravel's Bolero, a completely different song I know, with one of my silent movie stars. I had recently seen a video with the music performed by Pink Martini, and it also received an amazing number of views.

I guess that if I wanted to compose music, I should just put Bolero in the name and it might get more attention. Putting Bo Derek's name in the song might help it too. Ha. When I first started making videos, I wondered how am I ever going to get people to look at my videos, and will they really want to. I mostly have done it via a growing network of Youtube friends, other people who make nice videos. Shabannie now has a growing number of diverse friends. I decided not to care too much about the number of views as long as my Youtube friends keep coming back again. I also get concerned that if my videos get a lot of views, the Youtube police might bother me more.

But I still thought about why other videos get more views than some of mine. I also wondered why my Sing a Song video has received so many views compared to my other videos. I did a search for the song, and I discovered that this video had ended up on someone's playlist, and the playlist ended up close to the top of the page when I did my search. So I decided to start making a few new playlists.

One day I was looking at my friends channel, MrKingsRow. His videos get a lot more views than mine. In terms of editing, his videos are about the same as mine except that he uses Moviemaker now. His transitions and effects are not that much better than the ones I use. O decided that people were mostly interested in the music. I decided that his videos were so popular because he makes more videos about singers, rather than movie stars like Shabannie has been doing. Plus of course he is friendly, and appreciates nice comments. When new people are doing their Youtube searches, they are more apt to be looking for music. So that is why I started my second channel, ZPopZRock. The new channel will really start getting more viewers soon because I have more videos posted now.

Oh well, enough people look at my videos now. I get friend invites from all sorts of people. I hope that you have a good week. I really do like your videos. I still need to learn the Moviemaker software. I have had a few projects already started, so I will probably use Onetruemedia at least until after Christmas.

Let me know if you decide to start a blog.

Yours truly,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment