Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear Youtube friend,

I sometimes think about how to increase my views of my Youtube videos. I make videos because I would like people to watch them. It does not really matter to me exactly how many people watch them, but I do want people to find them somehow in their Youtube searches.

A Youtube friend's wonderful video with Trumpet Bolero had received over 100,000 views. The link is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo0231yRDhM

This is not Ravel's Bolero, but I assume because video may be successful because the name Bolero is in the title. Perhaps it ended up in some popular playlists too. I have noticed also that Ravel's Bolero sometimes gets a lot of views too. I might use Ravel's Bolero with a silent movie star video later to see if it gets a lot of views too. You might like to use the song too. Whatever you make will be different from mine. Doug even made a second video using this same song with different pictures.

My Sing a Song video has over 10,000 views. I wondered why it received so many more views than my other videos. I decided that this may have happened because it was close to the top of the page when I did a search for the song. And it may have ended up close to the top of the page because it was on a popular playlist. So I started some new playlists, and I put my friends videos in there too. It may just take some time for some of these videos to be noticed later.

When I have tried to get more views on my videos, I look at MrKingsRow's channel. He has some videos that get thousands of views, and then others that just get 300 like mine. And of course the videos with 300 views are usually just as good as the ones with many more views. I thought that it must be the song or singer is what helps people find the video in the searches.

They may be more apt to look for the music, rather than the movie star. This was one of the reasons that I started the second channel. Shabannie's channel was never intended to be an old music channel, but a few of my viewers seemed to think so and made rude remarks when I used modern music. Well, only one of them really was mean about it. I decided that I would like to choose the more modern song first, and then decide what kind of video to make with it without the movie star themes more like MrKingsRow, copycat me. His channel may get more views than mine because it is more of a music channel, rather than a movie star channel like Shabannie. So ZPopZRock's channel was created.

Yours truly,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment