Saturday, September 4, 2010

Onetruemedia.com

A couple of my Youtube friends have asked me about making videos on Onetruemedia.com. So I decided write this article and direct them to my Blogspot.

I keep using Onetruemedia because I did not want to learn a new way to make videos. I found this site because I had seen Onetruemedia videos made by MrKingsRow on his old channel. He now uses Windows Moviemaker for most of his videos. When you go to the website, you sign up for an account just like you do for Youtube. One advantage of this is that if I go to a relative's house, I still can make a video because my old information is still stored there.

For videos on my waiting list, I collect one picture, and then start a new video for it, and give the video a title. Then when I am trying to look for an idea for the next video, I just look at the icons and decide what to do. For premium features you have to pay something. I do not buy the premium features, so all of my videos have been made for free. Right now I am broke, but that does not mean that I would not try the premium features later.

The effects and transitions I use the most are with the montage called music video. The curtains at the beginning and end come from the montage called Sparkles. I have also used some of the stars from Sparkles. I am gradually using some of the other effects from other montages, but I might use just one or two effects. Like for Meryl Streep, at the end of the video her picture is in a floating TV with bright lights behind it. It was probably the first time I had used that particular feature. For the new channel, ZPopZRock, I might learn to use some of the less conservative and silly effects for the rock star videos.

To upload pictures from the internet, I copy and paste URL on to the upload page. Since I have done this for a year now, I can do it faster than I used to. For most videos, I usually need about 40 pictures, depending upon the length of the song. The edit page is where I organize the video. I have to go through each picture one by one to crop the picture and center it better in the frame. Then I usually make the title and the credits screens. Then I change the order of the pictures to suit me.

I go to Edit all to make some changes for the entire video. I click on and I change the image motion to no motion usually. Then later I might put a zoom in on just a few frames. Otherwise, the software selects the motion and then I had to change it one by one. I change the seconds from five seconds to six on most videos. On some videos, I might just change the seconds on a few pictures to either shorten or lengthen the video to fit the music.

To put music in, click on music, and then upload songs, and I get a download from what I have stored in my computer. Once the pictures are in order, I watch the video many times and listen to the music, and make more changes with the pictures. Regarding music, since Youtube turns down so much of my music, I usually send the music through on an unfinished tester video to make sure they approve it before I organize the video.

When the pictures are in a decent order, then I add transitions and effects. On my last video, I usually added a music video transition ever three pictures. I used the slide effect from music video, and I did not use many of the cool effects. For the Pola Negri video, I used the music video effects a lot. You can use the music video create a montage, and the software selects the effects and transitions for you. I have done this with an Elvis video. Then I would look at the video, and change the effects that were inappropriate. More recently, I go through the pictures one at a time to add an effect. I may not change the effect on that many pictures though.

Anyhow, I have gotten used to the Onetruemedia.com. Feel free to write me here or at Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment