Sunday, September 26, 2010

Windows Moviemaker

To my friends,

I did not write this blog. This was written by one of my Youtube friends who knew that I was interested in learning how to use Windows Moviemaker. I decided to post this for some of my other Youtube friends who might be interested. Thank you, Doug.

He wrote:

I don't know what operating system you have, so I don't know which version of Windows Moviemaker you have. I have Windows Moviemaker 6, which is far better than Windows Moviemaker 2.

There is almost an unlimited number of things you can do with Moviemaker. There are not very many effects and transitions that come with the program. But; when you combine the effects with the transitions; you can do hundreds of different things.

There is a forum called Windows Moviemaker Forum. Amateurs and professionals create effects and transitions and put them on the forum for downloading. There are literally hundreds available. Probably half of these effects and transitions are 'stand alone'. No program other than Windows Moviemaker is required to use them. The other half does require another program. That is the $15.00 program called Rehan. The $15.00 is a one time fee. The Rehan program itself has many many effects and transitions. These can be combined with the built in Windows Moviemaker effects and transitions, and they can be combined with the effects and transitions from the forum.

There are also other sites that offer effects and transitions for Windows Moviemaker. When you combine all these programs; you could spend the rest of your life coming up with new and different effects and transitions for your videos.

I don't know how computer savvy you are, but if you wanted to; you could alter the script for any of these effects and transitions, and there again, add another unlimited number of possibilities.

You can use the full Rehan program for a trial period. I think the trial period lasts two weeks. The effects and transitions that are dependent on Rehan, require that you use a registered copy of Rehan.

I have many excellent programs on my computer. Some are for file synchronization. Some are for burning CDs and DVDs. Some are for editing pictures. Some are for editing music. Some are for virus and malware protection; and the list goes on. The only one I have ever paid for, is the Rehan program. I don't pay for anything if I can get it for free.

I am sending you a link to the Rehan site, where you can get the trial program. I'm sending you another link for effects and transitions. There are demos you can watch before downloading any of these.

I could go on and on, but I think I have given you enough to absorb for now.

Doug


http://www.rehanfx.org/

http://pleabo.home.comcast.net/~pleabo/MovieMaker/

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=33

No comments:

Post a Comment